We Need Your Support!
Our local MPP Goldie Ghamari has agreed to present a petition to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in spring 2019. This is an important step for formally demonstrating our community’s support for the proposed public high school in an effort to secure funding. We are targeting to collect a minimum of 1500 signatures by the end of January 2019.
How can I sign the petition?
- Download/print a copy from the RSCA website (www.riversidesouth.org/petition)
- Visit Moncion’s Independent Grocer for our Signature Blitz event on January 12-13th between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. (hard copies will also be available for you to sign or take home)
- Pickup hard copies on the RSCA bulletin board at the Rideauview Community Centre
Note: Previous versions of a similar petition did not meet the requirements to be presented at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario – those signatures cannot be submitted. This new petition (with MPP Goldie Ghamari’s picture on the top) is the only version that will be counted and presented.
Where do I return my copy of the petition?
- Rideauview Community Centre – RSCA mailbox (located across from the reception desk)
- School Council mailbox (located in the Steve Maclean Public School office which is open M-F from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- SMPS Parent Council meeting in person on January 23, 2018
- Deadline to return completed petitions is January 25, 2019